• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Time To Watch your Brass Monkeys

RichB

After our "tropical" Christmas, winter is back with a vengeance. Today we managed a high of -30C with a wind chill of -42C. Tonight its forecast to be -37C and -48C wind chills. Friday night/Saturday morning should be even more sporting, -43C with -54C wind chills. Next week we should be inching back up to temperatures in the -20C range for highs

For our southern neighbours feeling left out, don't worry, it could be heading your way. It may extend down to the Gulf coast from Texas to Florida.

Cheers,
RichB 🥶

Yeah it is supposed to be dropping down into the icicle weather here early next week. If we get snow and ice hope it is enough to really do a good job of it. Lucky for me I made my paint booth where it will work no matter what the weather outside is doing.

The Accu-Hunch Weather-Guess, brought to you by Fareway, Hy-Vee and Price Chopper food stores here says "Blizzard Warning until 1800 Saturday". Temps in the teens and winds up to 40 mph.
20240112_040528.jpg
Notice how the county road conditions map looks a little like mother nature, flipping Iowans The Bird?
It's January in the Midwest. Cold and snow is normal. It took winter while to finally arrive, but it do have teef and claus!
NAS White Oak NOTAMs advise diverting to more southerly or westerly stations. No services are available.

James, here it is what I call “Southern Cold”. It may go down into the teens Fahrenheit (aboot -8C) but almost always goes back above freezing same day, and it only does this a handful of times each winter, so no real right to complain

35f on the front porch in Due West. Dogs are comfy on their beds. I'm in the office wrapped up in flannel. I don't own a snow shovel but I got $200 worth of steaks in the freeze, will not go hungry.

@Rhino Add Fargo to your list.

And this is the second day of getting windows installed in the entire house. I'm 20mins from MP....🥶
But not as bad as some of you all.

Back window thermometer says 49°F. Almost balmy for this time of day. About noon it is supposed to start dropping down to a cool 28°F for in the morning.

I've got scenes from all those movies out my front window, once the sun comes up. (-39C, -52C wind chill and ice fog) I'm thinking something more tropical for today.

Cheers,
RichB
In Harm's Way?
South Pacific maybe?
Re-runs of Miami Vice!
Baywatch might warm your cockles too!

20240119_102108.jpg
To forestall the misery of dry winter air, We "Got up Steam" today. "All ahead Flank, Mr. Kell."
Aye aye, Captain.

We had a yellow weather warning last night for sub zero....so -1c :) the joys of living under the gulf stream

It has been in the -5°C here all week Paddy. Thus the snow and ice have not melted but only gotten more treacherous. Supposed to warm up this weekend and hopefully will be mostly gone by late Monday.

You're more than welcome to our weather. Was supposed to be in the single digit minus numbers today but was -22 when I went to work. Warmed up to -18 on the way home though.
James

Back