• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Gallery is now open!

I see the problem already, I fixed the first image just to test and what I told you on the Conversation is correct. Hang on, let's see how Ken wants to fix it.

Sorry, posted on the other thread instead. I noticed that my Photo Previews prior to April's launch display at most one or two photographs with the rest being broken links:

View attachment 122821
Fixed.

This is excellent news indeed. I did notice going into my albums that none of my old images managed to make it from the old Gallery. Maybe it's because I already had added pics to mine before the transfer was made. No big deal.

I also noticed that some pics; while having the correct title, were not of the vehicle it was supposed to picture. I tried to get a screen print but apparently don't know how. However,. if you go into my Completed Models Gallery and scroll to the bottom, then let your mouse rest on the pic of the Challenger (which is not mine) you'll see a pop-up that says: "Japanese Light Armored Veh... Duke Maddog April 3rd". The other Challenger pic and the in-progress T-34 have a similar situation.

I don't know that I checked any of my other Galleries yet. I'll go exploring. I would love to also see a more defined album cover with a clear title... if that makes any sense at all.

EDIT: I went to "My Media" and found many of my old pics from the old Galleries. I did try to move seven pics of completed models from the old Albums to my new "Completed Models" album on the new Forums and I couldn't even see my albums. It only gave me the option to "Create Album".

I've been browsing through "Converted Albums" to see if my old ones made it here. I found two on page 86 and one on 85! Sweet! All my pics were in there too and properly labeled. I bookmarked all three of them. I did notice that all three albums were "created by Typhon on Oct 14, 2012" so how can I change that so these three albums show up under "My Albums"? It would make it easier to find them if I could go straight to "My Albums" instead of searching for them. Also, it looks like my pics I uploaded pre-transfer are showing up in the converted albums so would deleting the pre-transfer albums remove the pics from the converted ones?

This is so exciting! Thank you Bob and thank you Eric for all this excellent work! What a fantastic option we have again!

Last edited:
Mark there were four different database tables that had to be migrated, if there were any corruption things went off in another direction. We're lucky to have what we have at this point.

I don't even have rights to change ownership of an album, I saw on the XenForo (XF) where someone made that request and everyone is asking why would you want to change ownership instead of honoring the request. If we ever figure out how we can do that we'll change it.

Another thing you might notice is the dates on some images are showing Dec31, 1969. Date format was corrupted on the old site so the conversion just wiped it out.

Initially a lot of the image links were broken but we got that sorted out as well.

If I can figure out how to move an album we'll do that with yours even if it is the wrong user.

Thanks Bob. Believe me, I'm not complaining, I am thrilled that we have our Gallery back! Please don't think anything I'm posting here is a complaint or disparagement; I am only looking for answers so that I can get the most out of this Gallery. If I came across overly critical, I apologize.

I do hope that somewhere someone has a solution that will work because I'm not even sure I can add to the Typhon albums, or even move my pics out. Yeah, the date isn't important; I did have to laugh at 1969! LOL!

Right now I'm just not sure I can use anything I posted that is in the Typhon albums; much less post anything there. If there is a way to know whether that is possible I would be most grateful. I wonder; would it be possible to have "typhon" change his name on the albums to mine, thereby possibly bypassing the restriction? Just thinking out loud here.

The media/images are in your name Mark, use them as you wish. Or just upload them again for that manner. Any existing images you have linked are still in the old gallery location. It gets complicated I know but we have for all intense and purpose, copied the old gallery into the new and left the old images in place. You can delete the old images that are in your name right now and it will not effect the images you have hot linked now.
Anything new you add going forward will be stored in the new system.
this make sense? :geek: It's confused the crap out of me at first. I really thought we were migrating, we really copies old into the new and left the old in place (if I may repeat myself).

You can try this, I have not tried it. Create a new Album and move your images into that album? My Wildcat album had a lot of dead links in it, just happen to still have those images and I reloaded them, that's why they have a recent date stamp on them.

Update: I was able to move some pics over. I seem to only be able to move 24 at a time, but I'm thrilled that I can! Brilliant idea Bob! I'll take my time moving everything to my own albums. You rock man!

I seem to only be able to move 24 at a time,
😲

You just trying to break it now ain't ya? 😡

:lol:
You go Mark, glad this is working out for you. Anyone else find some oddity like this share it here where we can try and figure it out.

Mark let me know when you're done and I'll delete the empty albums to clean up stuff. I seem to remember a user Typhon but it's obvious they didn't make use of the Gallery.

😲

You just trying to break it now ain't ya? 😡

:lol:
You go Mark, glad this is working out for you. Anyone else find some oddity like this share it here where we can try and figure it out.

Mark let me know when you're done and I'll delete the empty albums to clean up stuff. I seem to remember a user Typhon but it's obvious they didn't make use of the Gallery.

LOL! Hey, if I can't break it then you KNOW this Gallery is robust! I've just been experimenting but I'm trying in earnest to get things moved. It will take awhile given how many pics there is in each album, but you will definitely be the first to know when I'm done. Thanks Bob!

Back