• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Two Newest Aircraft

Duke Maddog

Amazingly enough, I was only able to finish three models during this whole stay-at-home order during the past few months. I am finally able to get these posted. One is armor and will be posted there, but since it also came in the same box as one of these aircraft, I'm showing it here with that aircraft.

I'll start with my Hasegawa Israeli F-16I Sufa in 1/72 scale:

full

full

full

Next is the ancient Italeri German Go-244 Gotha transport aircraft in 1/72 scale:

full

full

full

You can see the rear opens and closes. This is why: it comes with this little Kubelwagen kit as a load:

full

More detailed shots of the Kubel will be in the armor section. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in here, comments are welcome.

Great builds, I can honestly say I have never heard of that 2nd aircraft. Learn something everyday.

And I still say putting those conformal tanks on a F16 is like putting Marilyn Monroe in a fat suit.

Good job Mark.

Thanks for the great replies guy! Your compliments are most appreciated.

Big10, I hadn't known about the Gotha Go-244 either, just the Go-242 which is the glider version of this same aircraft.

Bob, I agree; those tanks really do wipe out the fine lines on the F-16. Still, since the Israelis did it on this, so I had to build it that way. LOL! Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks Frank! Glad to see your post.

Thanks Mo! Welcome and thanks for posting on my thread. You just might be right about the C-119 coming from this Gotha, although I'm inclined to think it might have been from the Noratlas. I could be wrong though.

Thanks Paul! Yeah, I find it interesting that no other company ever released that plane in any other scale. This one was released way back in the 70's as it is. I haven't even seen a newer one in 1/72 scale since.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Nice work Mark.

I'm glad to see these in 1/72, along with all the other troop gliders. That way they will fit with the Me 321 and 323, and they are big enough.

The Go-244 is wild! I had read about them, but haven't seen a kit, until now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fantastic replies guys! John, I might see if I can get another 242/244 kit and make it the glider version. Then I'll have to see about getting a 321 and 232.

Thanks Barney! Yeah it is and this is probably gonna be the only kit you ever see of the Go-244

Thanks Gary and Dave! I appreciate the compliments. You guys rock.

Dave, I think you'll enjoy that Gotha; I was surprised at how fun that model was.

Hey duke its 4 years since i seen your work and boy has it got better.. Really nice models you have there, very impressed :)

Thanks Paddy! I appreciate the compliemtns. I also finished a bit of armor too. I'm hoping to get more finished soon. Take care!

Back