• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Tribute Build.

Thank you James. I am going to be doing my best on this; hopefully the techniques I've seen my fellow AMPS club members do will help me make this look good. Your words are most appreciated.

Well, after several drawbacks and issues to deal with, I finally have something to show here.

First I masked off all the vision ports in the cupola with Tamiya tape and Silly Putty so I could paint it:

full

Later when the airbrush came out, I shot this with the OD color:

full

Next I shot the hull. Lower first:

full

The the upper hull:

full

They are attached, but the way....

Then I shot the turret:

full

Here's a shot of everything together:

full

After that I brush painted the mantlet cover with Field Drab. The DS plastic made it look gloss even after it dried:

full

That is where I left off on that. I'll do something about that mantlet cover later. I have a few ideas for trying to make it look more 'fabric' and dull.

That's all for now; thanks for stopping in. Comments are always appreciated.

I have no idea how I missed this but I did. Looking really good Mark and especially for something outside your usual scale. Here's a toast to missing friends :Drinks:
James

Sorry Mark.
I also missed this in February.
Great way to pay tribute to friends.
Frank
:Drinks:

Thanks for the awesome replies guys. I appreciate you stopping in and commenting.

To missing friends. :Drinks:

Mike, I used Testor's Model Master enamels.

Looks great so far Mark. Missed this on the other site so I'm gonna have to go back and comment there as well bro.

Thank you Tony. I should be able to finish this soon, sans stowage as I haven't got any. I'm hoping to get this over the finish line within the next week.

Mark,
Thank you Tony. I should be able to finish this soon, sans stowage as I haven't got any. I'm hoping to get this over the finish line within the next week.
I haven't been on the group for a long time, but I will say that you are doing a fantastic job on that M-48. It does seem odd that you are doing it in 1/35 scale, since I know you are really into 1/72. I hope that the AMPS show display at the Nationals turns out to be a winner, Good Luck my friend.

Dave

Thank you Dave. I wish you'd come back more often, it's always a thrill to see your posts.

Yeah, 1/72 scale is my thing, but the Patton is one of my favorite tankss so when the SoCal AMPS group was choosing which subject to do for the next club Group Build, I promised to build a Patton in 1/35th scale if they chose that subject.

I also want to thank you for reminding me that I have this Thread going; I haven't posted my last couple updates on here because I forgot about it! You can see further updates on this on my Maddog Manufacturing thread.

Hmm... Maybe I should move some of those updates here...

Back