• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Shipyards Launches Four in October

Duke Maddog

This month I managed to get some shelf queens off the workbench. The first ones are these three Encore 1/400 scale Soviet Fleet Submarines from WWII.

This first one is the Type D Fleet Submarine:

full

full

full

This next one is a Type L mine laying Fleet Submarine:

full

full

full

This last one is the Type S Fleet Submarine, reported to have been the most feared type in the Soviet Navy at the time:

full

full

full

Finally, the fourth one is this Revell 1/72 scale Sunseeker Predator 108 luxury cabin cruiser. This boat was seen in the last James Bond film. After a good long effort to get it to look satisfactory enough, I am finally able to call it done:

full

full

full

The interior can mostly be seen though the various windows. Note that I gave it my sister Kathi's name, she spells it the same way:

full

That's all from the Shipyards for now, thank you for looking in, comments are welcome.

The Sunseeker is quite stunning! Have you considered using Tamiya smoke or clear blue on your hull winders?

Thank you Chris! I'm so thrilled to finally have that Sunseeker done. As for the hull windows, I hadn't thought about that, but it does sound like something that would enhance this model. I'll give it a shot.

Back