• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Shipyards Launch another Ship

Duke Maddog

After some time, my shipyards have launched another ship. This one is the Trumpeter 1/700 scale Italian RN Vittorio Venetto battleship:

full

full

full

My apologies for the blue tint here. Apparently the background helped blue this out.

This is is just in time for my club's theme for this month: Axis warships of WWII.

Thank you for looking in, comments are welcome.

Looks like a nice clean job,I like it,do you normally build your ships OOB with no rigging.
I ask because I build my ships basic also,I have used brass guns, and once tried a wood deck,but railings and rigging are beyond me.Nice to see I'm not the only one.

Thank you Tony! Yes, I do always build my ships sans rigging, particularly the 1/700 scale warships. All my efforts in the past have met with bent or broken masts, especially in this scale. I have never used brass guns or wooden decks either, they cost too much for me. I have done photo-etch railing and the occasional radar dish before though. I do love how they make a ship look, but I don't go out and get extras; I'll only add them if they are included in the box.

Back