• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Progress in the Shipyards

Duke Maddog

Here is my Maddog Manufacturing Thread showing all the models in progress in my shipyards.

This first one is an old Hawk kit of a US Coast Guard cutter in WWII configuration. A very simple kit; I'm not even sure what class of vessel or what name it has:

WIP_Coast_Guard_Cutter_I.jpg

That was the first day I started it. See? Very simple and easy to build!

This is after all assembly was completed; it's ready for paint:

WIP_Coast_Guard_Cutter_II.jpg

Next here is my LEM Secret Santa gift, the USS Virginia. I got the main hull and superstructure finished in this pic.

WIP_USS_Virginia_I.jpg

In this pic, I got all the little detail pieces on the USS Virginia's superstructure and then painted the lower hull:

WIP_USS_Virginia_II.jpg

Just need the deck fixtures and this is ready for paint.

Back to my little Hawk Coast Guard Cutter. In this pic, I sprayed a flat gull grey onto it, then later painted the lower hull and then the decks. You can see there's a lot of touch-up needed there that I took care of later on.

WIP_Coast_Guard_Cutter_III.JPG

Here is the pics that show where I got the superstructure painted and the details done. All I need to do is decant a bit more of the hull paint and clean up the edges. Then, according to the box, this was hull number 31. I got to find some naval numbers to add to the bow for this, and then I can call it finished. Not bad for such a basic little kit:

WIP_Coast_Guard_Cutter_IV.JPG

Now I managed to also get some more progress done on the USS Virginia too, but haven't gotten the pics taken yet.

Okay, as of today, that is all the current shipping projects I've been working on this year. I'll continue to post more updates from the shipyards to this Thread so stay tuned to see my latest progress as it gets posted.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking everyone, comments are welcome always.

Okay people, here's the latest news from my shipyards. You'll see that the USS Virginia is ready for me to put the P/E parts on. Then I'll be able to paint her up and finish her:

WIP_USS_Virginia_III.JPG

That is all my latest progress so far. Than ks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Clean build Duke! Are you going to put the model on a base?

Terry B)

Thanks Terry. I'm actually going to put this on a stand as a full-hulled ship. I have the lower hull finished and painted already, I'm just leaving it aside until the rest of the model is done.

Back