• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Out Of the Box Campaign Launch

Cool beans. Interesting to see how you do the putty masking. I think thats something I have to try.
James

Thanks James. It's been a bit hectic trying to get the time to finish this. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start shooting paint.

Well, I've managed to put in some good time in the Hobby Room this past week and was able to move along quite well. This week, I'm closer to finishing a few more models; hopefully I'll be able to do that by the end of the week.

Now on to the Phantom I'm doing for this Campaign. I spent a good amount of time masking and painting the camouflage patterns this week. Here is where I masked off and painted the F-4 Phantom. This is the second mask and the green color:

WIP_OOB_GB_Phantom_X~0.jpg

...followed by the final mask and dark brown color:

WIP_OOB_GB_Phantom_XI.jpg

Later on when it was dry, I removed the Silly Putty masking to see how well this plane came out:

WIP_OOB_GB_Phantom_XII.jpg

Here is where I clearcoated this model so that the camo pattern is protected from any further damage while I paint the details on it:

WIP_OOB_GB_Phantom_XIII.jpg

I will also be applying the decals to this plane soon too.

Well, that brings me to the end of my account of my productive week this week. I was hoping to be a bit further along on some of these, but I'm happy with the progress I've made. I hope you all enjoyed the show. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back