• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Modern Aircraft

What was the paint, enamel? 4 hours surely not long enough for masking it. Need to let it cure for a couple of days at least.

Looking good Mark. I picked up a 1/72 Vigilante earlier this year. My brother-in-law was assigned to the Vigilante squadron on the Nimitz in the 70's before they retired the aircraft.

Would that be RVAH-9? I know they were aboard 1976-77 and de-established later that year.

Thanks guys. No primer coat, I ran out. The paints were acrylics.

I'll get back on this soon.

Thanks again for stopping in guys.

Looking good Mark. I picked up a 1/72 Vigilante earlier this year. My brother-in-law was assigned to the Vigilante squadron on the Nimitz in the 70's before they retired the aircraft.

Would that be RVAH-9? I know they were aboard 1976-77 and de-established later that year.

No it was RVAH-6, the Fleurs. 1977 cruise and the last time a RVAH RA-5C flew from the Nimitz. The squadron commander's plane is on display at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola NAS.

No it was RVAH-6, the Fleurs. 1977 cruise and the last time a RVAH RA-5C flew from the Nimitz. The squadron commander's plane is on display at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola NAS.

:good: and RVAH-7 was the last squadron to fly off the Ranger and stand down in late 1978 early 1979.

Acrylics just don't stick without a good coat of primer :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Lesson learned the hard way. Thanks for clarifying that so I don't make this mistake again. Now to go get more paint.....

Thanks for the other compliments guys. Hopefully next week I'll be able to fix this.

I'm okay, but I need to get more paint and unless I get paid soon; that might take awhile. I doubt I'll finish this in time; I'll have to add it to the Second Chance when this one expires.

Hang in there, buddy. I know how ya feel. I just got back to my Cutlass, and any and everything that could snafu me has happened. Last night my 3 yr old grandson sneaked into my model room, grabbed the Cutlass, and I'm spending tonight making repairs, instead of painting. And so it goes.

Ouch! That is tough. I do need to get more paints. With all the massive number of bottles I have, I am missing the two colors in enamel that I need! Story of my life.

Stay tuned, we'll see if I can get some soon.

Back