• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Latest Aircraft Completed.

Duke Maddog

Finally, after far too long, I was able to get some aircraft finished!

Here they are in no particular order. First off is Monogram's 1/72 scale F-8 Bearcat for the Monogram Mafia Group Build on another Forum:

US_F_8_Bearcat_I.jpg

US_F_8_Bearcat_II.jpg

This was finished with Tamiya Navy Blue in a spray can and finished with the kit decals.

Another Monogram Mafia build; this one is the Monogram 1/72 scale F4-B4 biplane built OOB and finished with Model Master paints:

US_F4_B4_Biplane_I.jpg

US_F4_B4_Biplane_II.jpg

US_F4_B4_Biplane_III.jpg

And finally, my first ever Eduard kit: The L-39 done up in Iraqi AF markings:

Iraqi_L-39_I.jpg

Iraqi_L-39_II.jpg

It was an interesting build to say the least, I'm still trying to determine whether it was a fun experience or not. I am very pleased with the final model though.

That's all I have for now. I also completed a few armor models; feel free to check them out on the Armored Fury Forums. Meanwhile, comments are welcome here, thanks for looking in.

Thanks Sharkman! I like them too. They are a bit tough to do, given the difficulties of painting a good coat of yellow, but I am pleased with how this little bird turned out.

Now to finish some of my larger planes. I really do need the room...

I really love those old Monogram 1/72 biplanes... they were a joy.

Great work, BTW... the Bearcat is a honey

Thanks Barney! I am thrilled with both of these. I especially enjoyed building the little biplane; it was quite surprising to me how well that went together and how fun it was to build. One thing that made it so pleasant was that the instructions even suggested doing certain things like applying the decals before adding the upper wing and such which made everything much better.

Thanks again for the reply!

Back