• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's First Modeling Resolution Done!

Duke Maddog

Finally after fighting this thing for nearly a year; I can now declare this model done.

This is Academy's 1/72 scale Boeing B-377 Stratocruiser civilian airliner done in Pan American Airlines markings. This bird is the Pan Am 'Clipper Nightingale'. I chose these markings because they looked better than the alternative and not because of ease of application! Quite the opposite in fact. Here it is all complete:

Terminal-eye view:

Civilian_Boeing_B-377_Stratocruiser_I.jpg

Slightly higher angle from then rear:

Civilian_Boeing_B-377_Stratocruiser_II.jpg

Different angle again (I wanted to shoot from higher up but missed):

Civilian_Boeing_B-377_Stratocruiser_III.jpg

Final upper view:

Civilian_Boeing_B-377_Stratocruiser_IV.jpg

This shot has an Exacto knife in it for size reference to show what a 'horse' this thing is!

Civilian_Boeing_B-377_Stratocruiser_V.jpg

Okay, now I feel much better having finished at least one of these. Hopefully more of them will get done soon. It isn't perfect; in fact the decals really suck wind and I had a real tough time with them. I also had to somehow add weight to the nose some more since for some reason this was quite the tail sitter.

I'll show those details about this build when I next post in the Maddog Manufacturing Thread after next weekend. For now, just check the final model out at your leisure.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Wow Mark! That is really cool. Fantastic NMF finish, and love the contrasting markings. Would have never guessed they were a fight!

:good:

Thanks MP! I'm so glad this is finally done!

Thanks Mike! I've gotten a bit better with my NMF lately. Practice does indeed make perfect.

Thanks for the fantastic compliments guys! You're keeping me motivated here. Now to get a few more of these done.

It really turned out quite nice Mark! As someone else said you really can't tell that the decals were so difficult to place as they look pretty decent from here.

(y) (y)

:drinks

Thanks Paul! It does look pretty impressive on my shelf! Now I have to find a spot on my ceiling for this monster.

Thanks Frank! I appreciate that!

Thanks Rhino! Your post slipped in while I was replying to Frank. Thank you very much for the compliments guys.

Back