• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's First Finish for July

Duke Maddog

This is another Shelf Queen off the Shelf of Doom. I started this Revell 1/72 scale A-400 Grizzly back in 2015. Darn thing fought me tooth and nail the whole time! Finally, I buckled down and kept at it until I could finally call this bird finished.

Here is my first finished model for July; the Revell 1/72 scale A-400 Grizzly in French Air Force markings:

full

full

'
full

My apologies for the multi-colored background, but this is one freakin' huge beast and most extremely difficult to photograph in my limited space. Nobody will be seeing this in person anyway unless they come over and take a gander at it hanging on the ceiling. It just ain't worth bringing out. Pics make it look better than it is. I'm just thrilled to finally call this thing done!

Hey Guys! Mark has a 1/72 An-225 and he's calling the A400 "a huge Beast"! :lol:
Nice bit o' Grizzly, Bub! :good:
I believe it is the slightly smaller An-224. It is still a lot bigger than the A400.

Good job Mark! I know it is daunting to work on these PITA kits and finish them.
3D-Great Job.gif

Are ju chur? Ima thinkin' this is an A-400 Grizzly, my learned friend. :tomato:
I believe Mark has a kit of the An-124 (miss remembered the number) not the An-225 which is the six engine double tail giant that the Ruskies destroyed recently. I think the An-124 is still bigger than the A400 Grizzly as it is bigger than the C5.

Uh... :wow:

NVM

Nice finish Mark.

I saw the AN-124 at GSP years ago, can't imagine how much larger the AN224 would have been. Let's hope they build another.

Thank you guys for the awesome comments and thank you to those who clarified things. Martin, that is an excellent comparison graph showing the sizes of those planes. Yes, I built the An-124 and it is a gargantuan monstrosity. This A-400, while smaller is still quite the monster space hog. Personally I would love to get my hands on a model of the An-225, but the expense is far beyond my reach.

Thanks again gentlemen!

Back