• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Dukes Armor in Progress: Updated 11/22/11

Re: The Dukes Armor in Progress: Updated 11/03/11

Wow, Monday was a very productive day! It's great having a Hobby Day to go to once a week!

Here is the progress I made on my armor in addition to the aircraft I am working on. The progress on my aircraft can be seen on my Thread on Wesendorf Field. Feel free to stop in there and check it out as well.

Meanwhile, I have started a simple kit that's been sitting in my stash for a bit. This is my Sa-2 SAM missile launcher completely assembled and ready for paint:

WIP_SAM_2_I.JPG

I also took some time to get more pieces on the Israeli M-50 Sherman I'm doing for the Group Build over on the LEM. This one is almost ready for paint:

WIP_Sherman_GB_VI.jpg

Since just recently my bumpers came in, I decided to get those bumpers on my armored train cars that needed them. First the Artilleriewagen one side:

WIP_Armored_Train_XXIX_a.JPG

And on the other side:

WIP_Armnord_Train_XXIX_b.JPG

Next, I added them to the Commander's Car that needed them:

WIP_Armnord_Train__XXX.JPG

Finally, I was looking at all the sprues for this train and checking out all the leftover parts. I then looked over the instruction sheets and found a whole bunch of parts I'd neglected to add to this train. So, here are the cars I added parts to.

I added the extra shielding to the one turreted car. The other one is missing the front shield so if I can't find it, I'll have to scratchbuild one:

WIP_Armnord_Train__XXXI.JPG

And on these TR wagons, I added on the unloading ramps for the Panzer 38(t)'s:

WIP_Armnord_Train__XXXII.JPG

Now for another shot of paint on this train and then start some camouflage while waiting for the final parts to come in.

Well, that has been my productive Monday, and I'm feeling great about the progress I've made. I can't wait to get some more done.

Once again, if you'd also like to see the work I got done on my aircraft, feel free to stop in on my Thread on Wesendorf Field.

Meanwhile, thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Re: The Dukes Armor in Progress: Updated 11/03/11

As promised, more is here...

This has been a good, productive weekend. I did a little work on Sunday, and then took everything to Hobby Day to work on it some more.

Here is my latest progress on my armor.

I got the M-50 Sherman all completely assembled and ready for paint now:

WIP_Sherman_GB__VII.JPG

WIP_Sherman_GB__VIII.JPG

I went with the far right engine deck and removed one of the exhaust pipes below and made it look plated over. It may be inaccurate, or it may not.. What ever the case, it will be finished!

I'll be shooting paint on this along with my transports.

And finally, I can declare that all assembly is finished on this armored train!

Thanks to my friend Dave, I have acquired my last quad AA gun for my train and gotten it installed:

WIP_Armored_Train_XXXVIIIa.JPG

Next, thanks to my friend Neil, I got all the parts I needed to complete another Panzer 38(t) for my second TR wagon. I got it all assembled; here it is sitting on the TR car:

WIP_Armored_Train_XXXVIIIb.JPG

Now, after a little more cleanup work and adjustments, I'll be shooting another basecoat over the unpainted parts I've added, then I'll start my camouflage on this train. man, I'm so close to being done I can taste it!

WIP_Armored_Train_XXXVIIIc.JPG

Last but not least, I decided to relax by starting a new model. This is the chassis of a Ural command truck I got done before it was time to head home:

WIP_Ural_Command_Truck_I.JPG

Well, that's about all I have to show for now.

I have also made progress on a couple of my transports; they are also now up to the painting stage with the Transall. Feel free to stop by Wesendorf Field and check them out too.

I have a few days before Thanksgiving that are completely free, so I may get even more done this week. I'll keep you posted so stay tuned....

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are always welcome!

Duke that train just blows me away. I must have one for under my Christmas Tree!! :yipee

That Sherman looks real cool too.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments!

James, it is some kind of long already! It measures out to about six and a half feet long. Today I shoot paint over the unpainted parts and then start the camo pattern.

Adam, if you start now and work on it every single day; you just might have it done in time for Christmas next year! If it blows you away now; just imagine it on my display base I'm going to build...

Thanks again guys for the awesome comments!

Re: The Dukes Armor in Progress

Great work so far! I haven't got any of the RPM Hotchkiss Tanks (yet). I love that Beaver bridge layer Leo. And that armoured train is fantastic.

Would this be the local "Iron Duke" that I know from the IPMS forums? If so, it's great to see more than one familiar name in the forum. Those armor pieces look fantastic.

Dave W.

Great work so far! I haven't got any of the RPM Hotchkiss Tanks (yet). I love that Beaver bridge layer Leo. And that armoured train is fantastic.

Thanks Darren! That armored train is almost done. Hopefully this weekend. And the little RPM Hotchkiss, I lost the decals to it so I have no way of finishing it until I get a set or find the originals. Maybe someday.....

Would this be the local "Iron Duke" that I know from the IPMS forums? If so, it's great to see more than one familiar name in the forum. Those armor pieces look fantastic.

Dave W.

The very same! Thanks for the compliment! Now you can see everything here or on the IPMS Forums where I can keep all types of models in one Thread instead of separating them into their respective Forums.

Stay tuned for more guys! I should have something more to post this weekend.

Cool Duke. I'll be keeping my eyes on these forums to keep up with progress. As I said, nice to see more names that I recognise from other groups. Glad your sharing.

Dave W.

Awesome! I'll try to keep things updated as much as possible. I was hoping to get more done this week after Thanksgiving, but I got caught up in other things. I should have more to show after this weekend.

Back