• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Reaches Another Milestone

Duke Maddog

That's right. With these five most recent completions, I've reached the milestone of 800 small scale vehicles built.

Without further ado, here they are.

First two to come in were the two Churchill AVRE's I was building for the Churchill Challenge on Missing Lynx.

the Churchill MK.3 AVRE:

full

full

full

and the Churchill Mk.4 AVRE:

full

full

full

After that, I finished the three tank transporters that I was doing for the Group Build on Missing Lynx. First to be done was the Japanese Type 78 Tank Transporter:

full

full

full

And since it is a Tank Transporter, here it is with a tank-like vehicle on it:

full

Next came the M-977 HEMMTT Tank Transporter. This thing gave me fits! It isn't complete yet, just finished as I can't go any further until I find the big circular thing that goes on the side:

full

full

full

And here it is with a tank-like vehicle as well. It is quite small, you can see this M-1117 Guardian barely fits:

full

And finally, my 800th small scale vehicle finished. Like the HEMMTT, it ain't complete yet; just finished until I can find or replace that rear axle sub-assembly.

Here is my M-1070 HET Tank Transporter:

full

full

full

And here it is hauling an M-1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK I:

full

Later I'll finish the Dozer that originally came with that kit. Until then, I just had to pose it with a tank since the other two tank transporters had tank or tank-like vehicle loads.

There they are my first five models finished for the month of October. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! I love seeing alll your replies; they keep me motivated to keep going!

Barney: eventually I hope to make it there.

Thank you Bruce! It is a good number.

Thank you Dave, I appreciate that. I agree, it feels awesome to finally break that line; especially since I've been staring at it for months trying to finish these up and get there.

Thanks Paddy! I think it will look even more impressive when I get the third rear axle on.

Thank you Eric! Yes, it's crazy, but then again; I've been known to exhibit some symptoms of craziness so that helps.

Congrats for reaching 800 Mark!

That's a staggering amount of completed models. I've heard of some people with that many or more unbuilt kits in their stash but never that many completed.

:vgood:

Congrats for reaching 800 Mark!

That's a staggering amount of completed models. I've heard of some people with that many or more unbuilt kits in their stash but never that many completed.

:vgood:

Thank you Sharkman! I knew a guy who used to 'wow' all his friends with his huge stash of unbuilt models. They were even more 'wowed' when I said "I have the same amount... only they are already built!" Made him so mad each time....:devil:

LOL! So, how many are on display Mark? :rolleyes:

In armor? Only about 45-50 or so. The rest are still packed in the tubs I put them in to bring them to Chattanooga. I simply have no space left to put them on display. If you're talking overall collection of everything, then a little more than 760 are on display.

Congrats on reaching the 800 mark. That is very impressive. Not only have you built a lot of models, but they look good, too.

Cheers,
James

Back