• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Another Vehicle in January

Duke Maddog

This is the other Reed West model I got from his estate, he had started it a little, building the bed and part of the cab. I finished it off this month.

This is the 1/72 scale Dragon LRDG Chevy with the 20mm AA cannon in the back. I dusted it with Tamiya weathering powders:

full

full

full

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Duke, that is a fine version of the LRDG Chevy truck. I thought it was the Matchbox version until I saw that you mentioned it was a Dragon kit. Very nice job. I had the Matchbox version in my collection until the "Purge" from last year that cost my 1/72 kits. I'm sure your friend would have been glad to see you did his kit some justice with this build.

Dave

Dave, thank you! I'm hoping he's looking down and very pleased. It was quite fun and at least as easy to build as the Matchbox one. One of these days I'll be able to place it next to my Mastcvhbox one and show the whole LRDG group that I have finished.

That is a display I would like to see as well. Kinda re-kindles my interest in the old "Rat Patrol" series. Go for it, Gitterdun man.

Dave

Thank you Dave! I'll do my best.

Thank you Ian! Maybe I should give a dark wash to this. I'll see what I can do soon.

Back