• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Two SCUDs

Duke Maddog

Today I completed my two SCUD missile vehicles bringing my Completed Small Scale Vehicle count up to 681 completed vehicles. These are both the Toxso Models 1/72 scale SCUD B Missile launchers. Both of these were built OOB and I built them side by side the whole time. One became a Russian vehicle while the other is Iraqi.

Here is my Russian SCUD B missile vehicle:

Russian_SCUD_B_I.jpg

Russian_SCUD_B_II.jpg

Now here is my Iraqi SCUD B missile vehicle:

Iraqi_SCUD_B_I.jpg

Iraqi_SCUD_B_II.jpg

How about a shot of the two of them together:

Two__SCUDs_I.jpg

The missile launcher carriages do raise up too. Here's a salute to all of you who stop in to see these:

Two__SCUDs_II.jpg

That's all I have for now. It is such a thrill finally having these finished and on the shelf! These were quite fun to build and a great addition to my collection.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Luiz! They did come out a little better than I expected.

Thanks Bob! I'm working on it, but the only Patriots in this scale are from Aoshima and they have a Japanese truck pulling the launch trailers. I'm working on getting another HEMMTT to modify into a tractor for the US version.

Thanks again for the great replies guys!

Duke, I think you have mastered the art of model building. Those are both nice looking machines. Now you can add them to your shelf of completed kits Congrats on a job well done.

Dave

Thanks Sherman!

Thanks Dave! I don't think I've mastered the art of model building. There are still a number of issues on these that I just let go. They are also Out of the Box. I'll believe that I mastered the art when I win "best of" at a model contest. Only the true Masters win those.

Thanks again for all the great compliments guys!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it very much. I'm well pleased with how these turned out.

I'm working on trying to get some Patriots, but the only ones available in my scale are the Aoshima ones from the Japanese Self Defense Force. The only way to make them American Patriots is to pick up a 1/72 scale HEMTT and convert it into a tractor trailer to pull the launcher. Again, working on it, but when you don't get paid unless you get calls; and the calls ain't coming in; then it makes it kinds hard.

Back