• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya M1A1

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I'm going to go with this Tamiya M1A1, should be simple and I have always wanted to do a tan M1.

DSC08384_zps9c7a8b88.jpg

Spent most of the day working on the M1A1 and I really don't have much to show for it.

I made the jump to anti-slip on it. Thanks to scotch tape, some Tamiya tape and Rust-Oleum Terra Cotta it happened.

DSC08846_zps234596e9.jpg

DSC08847_zps0e77f1d7.jpg

DSC08849_zps48dd585e.jpg

DSC08850_zpscb34f9fd.jpg

shot and drying now
DSC08851_zps3b374382.jpg

I also textured up the side skirts some to match the ones on the M1E1 I took walk around photos of this last summer at Fort Hood
DSC08848_zps944e0f43.jpg

That's nice, you'd think someone out there would make some aftermarket stuff for this, but I doubt it would lay down as nice as that.

:soldier

That's nice, you'd think someone out there would make some aftermarket stuff for this, but I doubt it would lay down as nice as that.

Or they could mold it in like Meng does. It's just a surface texture which is pretty easy to put into the molding tools.

Terry :D

There was a guy at the IPMS Nationals that was selling a something along of what your thinking. I lost his card and can't remember his name :pinch:

That looks great.

So, let me get this straight, you used Rust-Oleum for the non-skid. Did you choose Terra Cotta because of the texture or would any color work?

Back