• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Krupp Protze Kfz69

Sorry I forgot to answer ,..thank you fro the prompt Ron :D

I use it straight out of the bottle with a semi stiff brush and just stipple it all over

I personally think its one of the best things Ive used to simulate that caked on mud for under the wheel arches and anywhere else for that matter

Easy brush clean with water so I suppose you can thin it with water too but Ive never tried

Heres a link for more information

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/gb/water-stone-gb.html

footnote

yes you can dilute with water I jsut read my own link :laugh:

Thanks for That Andy and Ron :D . I was trying to find that looking through their regular paint selection at a variety of web-stores, now that I have a better idea I'll have to get me some. Thanks agian :drinks .

Looks real good Andy (y) :popcorn

Well similar Bob but this sandy paste has very small grains of sand in it so you get that texture to it

You can stipple Mr Surfacer to get that rippled effect I just think this stuff looks the business

Well in that case Im sure youll be pleased to know that I have done some more :D

Body work and final additions placed on

I bit more muddying up of the undercarriage and played around with colours for those leather seats

Enjoy !!

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

LOL yes they do or should I say they did Ive changed them a bit now with oils,...drying up so no pics for a minute

thank you though mate Im really enjoying all the processes again (y)

Thank you all again for kind comments,.......

Well Ive started to do some andyfications to my truck

I used games workshops greenstuff mixed well and rolled out nice and thin to achieve the look of sheets being draped over stuff
I like using this particular epoxy putty as I can get some good wrinkles in it when it starts to cure

anyway enough blab heres the pictures

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

Ive also primed the under carriage with games workshop black

IMG_4160.JPG

:D

Looking good Andy! Boy with all that mud I'm staying in the truck. :laugh:

B)

Cheers mate !!!

Im going to be going for a very later winter 41 or very early 42 ( possibly after the Battle for Moscow but i will have to research time frames and units for that particular episode )

Slushy snow, muddy mud mud, worn white wash etc etc etc blah blah blah

anyway the upshot of it is that I am having fun and its brilliant to be back building :drinks

Grea t to see you working. What putty do you use for the tarps and stuff?

Games workshop green putty

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat470007a&prodId=prod1380024a

Its the same stuff as other branded green stuff and can be mixed with Aves epoxy sculpt

The only downside with using this particular putty is that its very difficult to sand down so basically you have to get it right first time and smooth it out with water.

Thanks Andy!! I've used epoxy sculpt and it works good. I just used some to enlarge the sombrero of my Mexican bandit figure. Hmmm I guess I need to post that.

B)

Back