• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/35 Challenger 2 *complete*

Hello All and all hello ...

Well, as if I haven't been posting too much finished stuffs lately, here comes yet another from me ( and I'm sorry to spam you again ).
To be honest, I finished this since early December but this baby was meant to enter a stupid contest and they have this one stupid rule that we cannot let anyone see nor post anything about our entry on any social network so I couldn't blog the wip nor the finished model until the end of the official date.

I couldn't decide if I should put on the anti-slip or not and after doing much research, I noticed that the anti-slip texture on the Challey is not that rough and I didn't want to risk doing over-scaled texture on my model so I opted out of doing it ( I was even going to buy a Citadel texture spray can for this ).

As every one know, the colour of the Challey2 is something that is very hard to describe and narrow down ( akin to the IDF armour colour) so I really had no idea how to go about painting it at first. I finally decide to play with high light and shadow since this is a monotone vehicle so I used Desert Yellow, Dark Yellow and Buff and mix them up accordingly to play around with the shade.

I wanted to show my Challey as a very used up and banged up fighting on the harsh desert and one side of the turret more scratched up due to the intense battles.

As much as I really love how this came out, I am very unhappy of my impatience (I guess my impatience is my bane ) that leads to some of the badly done chips as evident from the photo ( not that bad far away but really bad close up). I am seriously pissed off at myself to realizing too late that I should have give the figures a wash to bring out the myriad of details on the uniforms. Another late realization is that I painted the little sight on top of the barrel all too wrong.

P1140294-2.jpg

P1140309-2.jpg

P1140310-2.jpg

P1140313-2.jpg

P1140301-2.jpg

P1140302-2.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tamiya-135-challenger-2.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

Gary
I think you've captured that 'fresh from the field' look to perfection. Dusty and "banged up" just like you set-out to emulate. I'd be very happy with that in my cabinet.

:good:

Ian

Back