• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Steyr Kommandeurwagen

Plastik Smurff

Felt like buildin something apart from wingy thing's so this is on the table.

IMAG0446.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

I was gunna start this last week but got sidetracked :D

Well today is the day to get it started , campaign start 28 february, i will update my thread with new startup pics!
//Mats

Some early progress shot's,there is not alot to this kit.
The figures included are not well molded so I will purchase some CMK figures to go with this build.

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

I've built quite a few of Tamiya's neat lil 48th vehicles and they all have been sweet, this one looks the same, great start. (y)

Cool. (y) (y) (y) What shade brand of reddish brown are you using on the seats? I like it.
James

Model Color :Red Leather,70.818 It look's bright when first sprayed but it dries to a nice shade.

A little more progress.

IMAG0478.jpg

A small amount of chipping on the floor.

IMAG0480.jpg

The front seat's plus a map case and revolver holster that I used from a Tamiya acc set to put on the back seat to fill it a little.

IMAG0484.jpg

Machine gun for the driver to have on the front seat.Tamiya set again.

IMAG0481.jpg

The driver from the Tamiya set. :pinch:

IMAG0482.jpg

The officer from CMK,what a massive difference in molding :woohoo:

IMAG0483.jpg

Hat head

My first ever attempt at painting a figure,the first session.

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

More to do obviously but it's a start.Feel free to laugh,I am :beer

Not bad, what's the next step? :popcorn

The next step MP is to try and get some depth and shading in the face and clothing.

First up a internal of the car.
IMAG0489.jpg

Now the funny bit,the finished figures.....
IMAG0491.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

Well that was my first attempt at figures and one thing I have found is that vallejo dries rather fast making it hard to try blending,so if anyone has any tip's or can point me in the direction of info or vid's using acrylics it would be appreciated (that's if ya can stop laughing long enough) :D

Back