• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Staunton, VA

Barney

We have been on VACA the last 10 days and as always on the look out for a model shop.

In Staunton VA we found a treasure trove of models. This little shop https://frontline-model-kits.square.site is a gem. It has been in business for 17 years and has an amazing inventory. Is it easy to get to? No? Is it worth the drive? I think so. The town is very interesting and Carol and I intend to head back soon to explore the area.

I picked this little gem up for $15.
IMG_0135.jpg

On another note I see the Wings, Wheels, and Wave along with Model Car paints (in Massillon, OH) is moving to Sanford, NC in November. These folks have treated me right for years, so if you're in the area visit their new store.

On another note I see the Wings, Wheels, and Wave along with Model Car paints (in Massillon, OH) is moving to Sanford, NC in November. These folks have treated me right for years, so if you're in the area visit their new store.
That's where you kids went vacationing, was the trip related to the move, you doing some advance recon scouting?

Nice website, wish the young man luck with his store. Bold move to open a brick and mortar business these days.

That's where you kids went vacationing, was the trip related to the move, you doing some advance recon scouting?

Nice website, wish the young man luck with his store. Bold move to open a brick and mortar business these days.

MP: He bought the store a couple of Months back. It has been open 13+ years and he has worked there since he was 10 or so. The old owner works for him now and they have a pretty sizable customer base. While I was there 8-10 current customers came in to pick up this or that and several other people stopped in to look around.

This might be a good town to have the 1st Annual Modeler's Alliance convention!

Last edited:
That would be awesome. A bit far for me so I'd have to live that convention vicariously through you guys. Glad to see someone else is making a go at successfully running a hobby shop!

Back