• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SSN 778 USS New Hampshire

ErnieS

This will be my first entry (with plenty more to come :facepalm ). This is the Hobby Boss 1/350 kit of the USS Virginia, the lead boat in the class. From my recollection, this has been like this for about three years now :S. I think part of the reason was I had to do some rescribing and was not looking forward to it on the curved hull :idonno

Of course we will start with my craptastic start-up photos. So far the hull is done, and a bunch of the conduits on the hull have been removed. Many of these are visible in photos of the Virginia, but not in photos of other boats in the class. I can only surmise that they were for some type of instrumentation purposes on the Virginia. There was also a large raised fairing of some type on the bow section ahead of the sail, which was also removed.
So anyway, I have everything required to finish this, nice piece of Walnut for the base, brass tube for mounting pedestals, and have ordered a nice little embellishment for the base which should be here this week, so I really have no excuse for not finishing this!
Ernie

Getting your money's worth out of that phone ain't ya Ernie? :rotf

This is what the Shelf Queen II is all about, clear that shelf! :popcorn

Finally got this one done! Not the best finish, this one fought me all the way it seemed like. I think the paint I was using was a bit wacked, was able to get a new bottle and that seemed to help. The several snow days over the past couple weeks didn't hurt either :D I got a coin with the ships seal off of Ebay to put on the base to make a nice little accent to to the model.

Ernie

Back