• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spray can disaster!

kryptosdaddy

I cant get a picture clear enough to show what happened, but what happened is a bad can of spray paint. it wasnt cold or old- just a bad propellant mix in a new can of Rustoleum primer.

As soon as sprayed the can went freezing cold- when using gas soldering this means an empty canister- the paint glossed which it should not have and then it actually came out frozen as the can iced over- I got it the heck out of the house incase it ruptured, but it didnt thankfully- but it left residue on the model that is rock hard, some has been sanded off but most is a hard pebbling ontop of the original primer coats- this would have been the final before the color.

What can you do besides strip-out of the question with a finished cockpit.but is on the bottom, so just NOT show the bottom? :laugh: Not funny.

From all the disaster stories I have read about using spray paint that is clearly not meant for this particular job .

My words of wisdom would be " Start using model paint to paint models ". Use the Rustoleum on the rusty lawnmower. A lot less problems will ensue. :bang head

Back