• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sponge sanding discs and rotary tool

Gator

Hey guys. I wanted to share a new sanding tool I found. They are adhesive backed sanding dots with a mandrel for a rotary tool. They are from Dspiae. You get 96 dots per grit. The set comes with 400, 600, 800 and 1000 grit dots. I save a bunch of money by purchasing an off brand battery powered rotary pen that charges with a USB-C cord. The mandrel is held in with a set screw. I used it for the first time today to remove the injector pin marks in the inside of the Case tractor fenders.

IMG_0218.jpeg
IMG_0224.jpeg

No thanks, I'll order direct from Dspiae, they got a couple of other things I'd like to get and also I need to hunt around for the diagonal cutter I got from them a while back.

I need to hunt around for the diagonal cutter I got from them a while back.

That Godhand cutter is still considered the best of all flush single blade cutters... Godly expensive though. I keep reaching for the far more affordable Pro Zetsu Nipper from Zoukei-Mura:
ProZetsuNipper01.JPG

Don Barry converted an electric toothbrush to use small discs of sanding sponge/paper. He used it on everything but his figures and busts.
It didn't come home with us.

The tool her is £32 from the local model shop or £19 from ali express but neither comer with sanding dots.

You know those steel and hard brass wires that nick your side cutters? I was in Hobby Lobby looking around for some small knobs (never found what I was looking for) In the beading area I found some CARBIDE cutters made for cutting steel wire. They were $10 so I grabbed them. You can tell the cutting edges are different as the metal there is different from the handles. Yeah the work much better on steel wire.

Back