• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spokes

paddy

Anyone ever seen a "how too" on spoked wheels with a one piece rim ?

I sort off have it worked out for a two piece rim that splits round the middle because if you replace the spokes on each half separately you can use half one as a jig for half two...in other words you can cut out half the spokes at a time and replace them while keeping the integrity of the wheel.

Problem is now i have some after market one piece rims i need to marry up to the original hubs which means i have no original spokes to hold the lot together.
Only way i can think to do it is some kind of jig.......no not a dance.................. a construction jig :)
searched on line for ideas but not found anything ?

Center post for the hub. Brass rod? Draw a circle around the hub, bigger than the largest diameter you might make. Drill/set pins around your circle. Decide how many spokes you wish for. Drill the rims and the hub accordingly for the wire size you want. Start at the hub and work your way through the rim, wrapping the wire around the pins to hold tension and equal distances. Tack with thin C/A glue. If your pin/circle is big enough, you should be able to spoke any size wheel you wish for.
My 2-bits. :bm:

thanks Rhino, i was thinking a bit of wood and some nails :) I just have to rig it up to give me the correct offset of hub to rim

Back