• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, for my first build of 2013...

Barney

what should I do?

Don't dwell on the past
Don't Worry about the future
Sniff glue and die!

it has to be 1/48, camo (all things are camo) and preferably single engine...

It cannot be a FW 190, Bf109, P-51, 47, 40, Spit, Hurri Zero, Frank or Oscar...

Monogram's A-37 is a jet but it is simple, highly detailed, quite affordable, has plenty of markings and upgrade options if you are so inclined...

OK, I see that Encore Models version (with lots of AM parts in it) is what is available at the moment...

If you are not picky about leftovers, I have some decal sheets to send you as well!

Regards,

A F-104C in SEA cam.

F-104C-10-LO+Starfighter+57-0928+1.jpg

picture found here http://kevsaviationpics.blogspot.ca/2012/04/lockheed-f-104c-starfighter.html
A cool looking site.
James

Wow, cool. Don't think I've ever seen a grubby 104 anywhere. No matter what country flew them. (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah, notice the stains from around the gun port? I bet they just got back from gunnery practice and haven't made it to the wash rack. Did I not read somewhere about the exhaust from the gun stalling out the engine?

Yeah, but not sure if it was the 104 . Here I read all the time where gun powder stains are not appropriate on fighter jets . This one is very obvious and look at how fat it trailed .

Cheers, Christian B)

I've washed the stains off a CF-188 and let me tell ya they are a major pain to remove.
James

what should I do?

Don't dwell on the past
Don't Worry about the future
Sniff glue and die!

I would suggest all three... well, maybe not the very last part! :yipee

As for the model. Go down to the Local LHS, pick out a kit that captures your imagination and go home and tear into it just like you did when you were a kid.

If you're looking for something less mainstream try something Russian or Italian like a Yak 3 or a Macchi! :pilot

Back