• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Small airforce in the making

I'm sure they will look amazing James. You got this. Regardless; the kids will love them no matter what because Grandpa made them for them and they will treasure them... at least until the AAA brings them down. :p:

Not a whole lot of progress. finishing it hard to do these small planes. Almost done cockpits of the 153 and 253 and soon to button up. Painted the fabric under the 253 wings. Did the Aluminum on the HD 2
full

full

full

full

James

You got spoiled by the Wingnut kits James. Thing is these are not too bad for what they are, just take your time and try not to rush it and they will build just fine.

Thanks guys. I don't think I've been spoiled by WNW kits as much as these are so much smaller. Makes if a bit more difficult to handle.

Well got a little bit done today. Have buttoned up the fuselages of the 153 and 253. Had some issues but I think with new eyes tomorrow it will look better. Looking at the Hariot and I tried something just for giggles. I painted the frames in the cockpit with a water soluble pencil crayon. Figured if I screwed up just needed to wash off. And it doesn't look horrible. Added some Tamiya brown wash to the frames and looks okay. Dry fit the two halves together and you cant even see anything so I am happy. Glued some more parts of that plane. And dullcoated the Pz IV and Model T and quite happy with the look of them.
Sorry no pics. To hard to come back upstairs just to get the camera. Next time I go down will try and remember the camera.
James

Back