• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Six turnin' and four burnin'.

Great video
Finally finished the Monogram B-36 after 30 years.
20190225_092552.jpg

Frank

It would have neat to see these flying.
Who called for rain today as they flew over, Aluminum Overcast.
Frank

Sorry you missed it Frank.
Me too.
I sold four extra Monogram B-36 kits to a friend.
As he was going through the box that was opened, he found my missing parts that I place in the open kit in 1985.
He returned the parts and said I now have to finish the kit.
Finished it in time for the Madison show last year.
Frank

The fuselage and wings are fiberglass with the resin coating for surface detail. The fiberglass parts don't tend to warp. There were only 100 made and I have #56.

They flew over my house all the time when I was a flea. One time I was getting a spanking and I heard one coming and ran outside. My mother of course wanted an explanation when I came back in so she could finish the spanking and I said "But Mom, it was a B-36!" As the fighter pilots say, this no shit!

Mather, Beale, and Travis all surrounded my house.

You are going to need to build a hanger for something that big!!!!
Frank
That's part of the reason it is still in the box. I have a B-17, B-24, and Catalina all in 1/32 that are also quite large. One of those will be done first I am sure.

Wow!! And the way you build they'll be career builds. Can't wait. Gary S. XLV MMXX
I am actually pushing myself a little to change that Gary. I used to build a lot faster way back when, but when I hit a snag it would go away right there. Now, I am building a bit slower, but am overcoming the snags and adding a lot of detail. It makes the parts fit a bit better and have to use a lot less putty or do other odd corrections. My Bf-109 build is going a little on the slow side, but I am working on it at least a little every day. I am also finding and correcting errors and adding extra detail. As I have 10 more variations of that kit, I am spending the time on the first one figuring out the odd stuff. The next ones should be a lot faster as I won't need to do the research needed on the first one. I will also know where the tricky areas are and be able to skim on through them. The 1/32 Eduard kit isn't a bad kit, and with patience the parts all seem to fit quite well. The only thing I am filling are the control surfaces where they recessed the areas between the support structure. Way too much recess, it would have been better to have had a hint instead of the big sharp edged recesses.

Back