• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shark's in the jungle

Mikkel

Hello!

First, thanks to Saul for the decals that made this build possible :)

I will make a Peruvian Mi-25 Hind, the 695 that was shot down during the war in 1995, to honour the brave young men that fought and died in the Cenepa war.

The model is the Hobbyboss, nice kit but the canopy is kindda crap, so I'll use the Zvezda canopy. The Hind is the first in my Peruvian collection, I hope that a Su-20 will join it :pilot

It will be in a diorama (well it's just a grass field, which is a diorama after my standards :silly: )

here is the video Saul send me:
Peruvian Mi-25

Regards,
Mikkel

Nice! That was a very moving video. I'll be looking forward to seeing this come together. I need to look up this cenepas war, I'm totally unfamiliar with it.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've only painted the cockpit.. I need to finish a Dominican P-47 first :)

I've also orded a Mastercraft Su-20 LOS TIGERS... I hope it will be a good kit :)

Regards,
Mikkel

I've also orded a Mastercraft Su-20 LOS TIGERS...

It is an OK kit. Very simplified but at least it includes a set of decal for Los Tigres. It does look like the Sukhoi and the plastic is easy to work with.

Regards,

I have painted the cockpit and such, I used oil paints for the details, HUGE mistake, they are not dry yet... looked on the pack: drying time: 4-5 days!! wtf!
Maybe I should start a Mustang, dosen't take more than five days :D
Have you build the Mastercraft Su-20?
I build the Pantera one some years a go, still have nightmares LOL!

Cheers,
Mikkel

Back