• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Seat color of german WW2 equipment?

Leopard2

Some seats one German WW2 Vehicles and guns like the 88 had some kind of seat padding. What was usually the color of those?

Thanks,

Joe

I asked this once before Joe, someone told me Olive Drab, whatever OD is. seems to have varied some. Maybe someone can give us a better answer.

On 1943-02-18, it was ordered that all vehicles were to be painted in a base coat Dunkelgelb nach Muster (except for small equipment pieces, which were to retain the former colours). Over this, a camouflage pattern of Olivgrün (an RLM colour), Rotbraun RAL 8017 and Dunkelgelb nach Muster consisting of stripes was to be applied by the maintenance sections, according to the terrain. For this purpose, the paint was delivered as a paste, which could then be thinned with most liquids, and applied. Dunkelgelb nach Muster was later re-named Dunkelgelb RAL 7028, and Olivgrü was re-named Olivgrün RAL 6003.

I suggest you a dark yellow base and over this ,a camo with olive green(american umiform) and brown red,irregular lines or spots.
The choise is yours,
Regards,
Victor

Victor,

I think you misunderstood,
Joe/Leopard2 asked about the seats,the thing you put the bum,ass...'culo' on.

The seat padding[I think]was made of leather or fabric or maybe canvas.

Thanks about telling about the paintschemes anyway,some people will find this informative! ;)

Greetings,Ron.

Victor,

I think you misunderstood,
Joe/Leopard2 asked about the seats,the thing you put the bum,ass...'culo' on.

Thanks about telling about the paintschemes anyway,some people will find this informative! ;)

Greetings,Ron.

Sorry,You have right
I need to quit drinking :hmmm
All the best,Victor

Greetings,Ron.

So, if I understand you right I can paint the seat covers either black, leather brown or even field gray?

Joe

In the great excuses series by Reconron:...Sorry,I don't have photographic evidence! :laugh:
[But I have seen seat covers in black leather AND greenish fabric,don't know if it was original or postwar]

Maybe someone else could show us the absolute proof in text or pictures..... :hmmm

Greetings,Ron.

Back