• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratchaeronautics 1/72 Casa C-295W

Sorry if I give the wrong impression of the kit, the kit parts are good, a few bubbles but nothing horrible, I could use them just as easily, I just didn't want to take on the filling/ sanding of those resin parts. It should be noted that the plastic parts I've made also need sanding/shaping to make them right. (but not as much.)I will probably have to scratch the horizontal tail surfaces as, like the 235, they were cast asymmetrical and I buggered....I mean I cut in the wrong place...during repairs. I'll see what happens if/ when I get that far

some more progress on the Casa 295
h132f2c8.JPG

h5c12c9c.JPG

h670a105.JPG

Wow, you are a glutton for punishment! Still, this seems to be going together better than the previous one. AT least you have the patience, Crown and mad skills to deal with this! Beautiful work so far!

Thanks Duke! Finally starting to look like a Casa 295...it could be better but I strive for mediocrity. The gunship gray is on, the gloss coat is on, the flat black is on and the wings are on

hb95e8ae.JPG

h49ab1f2.JPG

h51d5da6.JPG

h0f849c7.JPG

You "strive for mediocrity"? I think you screamed by 'mediocrity' some time ago and rapidly approached sensational. Like 'Pup said; I wish I could build at your level of mediocrity! This is truly a sharp, clean and amazing model so far!

Hahaha, thanks guys!
I've fought my way through the kit decals finally calling it quits with all the major markings on. Some of the decals curled up upon contact with water, others, despite a couple of coats of clear varnish lost their color or script, some are thick, very thick. Namely the national markings. But they're on the model. I may re-visit the markings again at a later date with alternate decals... Up next is the semi-gloss varnish and final details (is nose gear a final detail?)

hb8c3089.JPG

h52b9bb6.JPG

Thanks for looking and taking time to comment, very appreciated! I'm calling the Casa completed today and going for a drink...

h0d3fd5e.JPG

h6c6af4e.JPG

h34b7531.JPG

h89d1032.JPG

Back