• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratch Build Challenge

I was thinking of scratching an Walker using Gundam parts for the Earth 2111 thread. Its all MrT and Mats fault

What have i done!! hahaha :)
the force of the walkers is strong here :D
Nice pics of the old machines, i would love to see someone build one of those :)
//Mats

These pictures suck but you get the general idea of what this thing looks like.
scrapbuggy1.jpg

scrapbuggy2.jpg

Going to build this..:mpup

That shouldn't be a problem for you MP! what scale are you planning to build it in?
//Mats

I have an technical question that fits in with scratching my walker.

Styrene is hugely expensive here but I have access to an lot of difrent thicknesses of ABS plastic.

Will ABS plastic work and what type of glue other superglue can I use on ABS.

For ABS, you need a different cement obviously. Before you go that route, see what the prices are for plastic signage. They are commonly made from Styrene sheets. Also, the thin vacuum formed covers to coffee cups as styrene.

If you must use ABS, I use Plastruct Weld Cement. Home improvement stores offer cements that work with ABS, PVC, and other plastics but they aren't geared towards models.

Regards,

That shouldn't be a problem for you MP! what scale are you planning to build it in?
//Mats

:blink that would require math... :woohoo:

Not sure, i'm going to draw it out on a simple cad first and see what size it looks like on paper. The buggy is about 4 foot long if I had to guess. I didn't get measurements as they are custom made by the maintenance guys, no two are alike and the ones that had been hit by fork lifts could present a challenge in battle damage! :fencing

As you can see I just moved this thread to the new Classroom forum. Here you can start a new topic with your subject and get to work. Again, this is not a campaign build, this is a classroom exercise for you to show us how to scratch build a part or a model and get suggestions and guidance from those who can help.

Back