• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rudi's StuG III B: 17/01/10 - small update

Re:Rudi's StuG III B: 09/01/10 - interior added

Hehe, figured you might not have gone into the gallery. ;)

The next section will be the fenders. I must admit I'm really nervous about taking on that PE. I bought some solder, but I'm thinking of wimping out and simply using CA. :blush: :unsure:

Great job on the scratch built interior Rudi , man i would be to scared to take something like that on , i just wouldn't know where to start
How's the build going it's been a while since the last posting ( this is just my subtle way of getting you to finish this little baby ;) :lol: )

Matt :)

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the compliment - coming from you it means a lot! :)

It was back to the tar pits for me this week, and with the warm weather I wasn't in a building mood. Making the most of the cooler weather today and trying to get some done. I'm hoping to have most of the assembly done by the end of Jan - well that's the plan, but time-management isn't something I'm vaguely good at :laugh:

Thanks again mate!

Rudi

Great work on the details Rudi. I will watch this one closely (and hopefully be motivated on mine) :)

Ian.

Thanks Ian. I'm flattered by your compliment :)

Must admit, though, the Aber PE, particularly that around the gun, has me scratching my head. I may have bitten off more than I can chew :laugh:

Re:Rudi's StuG III B: 17/01/10 - Main armament

Not much of an update... but here it is anyways: the gun assembly. I've not added the Aber PE to it, or the Tamiya metal barrel (yet). Mostly because I can't make sense of the instructions. I've removed the top of the gunner's periscope as I want the hatches closed. I've not added much to the gun in terms of scratch building since little of it will be visible due to figure positions, although the welding on the gun shield (?) was blended into the mantlet (?) and I added a heavier weld seam by simply scribing some plastic card softened with modelling cement.

StugIIIB_024.JPG

Hey Rudi! Real neat work on the StuG! The extra work is really paying off!

40 degrees :blink Damn thats hot! We have collld tempratures and yet more snow! :(

martyn_c wrote:
Hey Rudi! Real neat work on the StuG! The extra work is really paying off!

40 degrees :blink Damn thats hot! We have collld tempratures and yet more snow! :(

Thanks Martyn.

Unfortunately no update this weekend due to pressing things which had to be done. I'm not sure if this'll be completed before the mid-March show, let alone the XMM deadline of end March, but I'm soldiering on :) Hopefully some will get done during the week - even if just sanding down the road wheels :huh:

Back