• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

rough paint

Paulw

I either have not thinned my acrylics enough or I could use a retarder in the cup. I have been having a rough texture to the paint surface. It's not orange peel but more like the paint is drying before it hits the surface. Any suggestions?

Think you already answered your question Paul. sounds like it's too dry or you're too far from the surface. Can you do a light sanding with a high count pad to smooth it out?

Sounds like its drying between the time its sprayed and when it reaches the surface of the model.

Sometimes too much air pressure can cause that too, try lowering your air pressure and see if that helps.

Another thought I had was you might have to much distance between your project and airbrush.

This thread is becoming a nice check list for the rough surface. :good:

I have a small manicure sponge and it is about 240 grit. I lightly ran that over the surface and it seems to work the trick, Bob. Thanks every one for your input,

Back