• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Ju-52

sacktime

well after an almost two year hiatus, I'm finally back to cutting plastic. I had started this one before my hiatus. No picture as of yet.

Gotta Love the old Ju52.... I have one of these in the stash... (Doesnt everybody?) and thought I'd build it up as the one that the USAAC flew in South American

ps... good to see you back

Houston we have a problem. There was a "Minor" fire in my basement after one of my fish tank lights caught fire, Right next to the stash. So long story short, I will be back ASAP on this, right now I need to get the house cleaned out and get everything cleaned professionally. There was no major damage to anything edxcept the stash was burn to a crisp.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have a good inventory so your insurance can replace them for you. I lost a bunch of kits and references in a flood in 2009 (which my insurance did not cover) so I can empathize :(

Sorry to hear of you mishap . Makes me wonder about my aquarium ? :hmmm

On the other hand I was reading a few days ago on another site that a builder's basement was flooded and would have to be gutted out . :(

Hope too much was not lost .

Christian B)

Phantom,
The problem was worked out to be a melted plastic fire from the cheap plastic light mount i was using to hold the light up until I could get my good one reworked. The soot is all over the house, on the bright side, at least I know that my AC works!

Ok . I have a high intensity hood ( not fancy though ) and it came with metal brackets.

The other thing is that I have always insisted on tempered glass for the cover . Never though of a fire though. :vmad

Christian B)

Either had I. I have a different theory than the insurance company. I think it was yes the low quality build but, I think there was a short of some kind in the circuit that set it off

Not surprised . They usually err to the side of deny-ability when they can.

Never had any problems over all these years but it's never too late for a calamity :fencing

Did you loose your livestock ?

Christian B)

I unfortunately not only lost most f my fish, but one of my cats as well, he was sitting near the fire wen it broke out, and died of Carbon Monoxide poising a few hours later. He was always the curious type... Thats what made him a great modeling buddy, always looking for something else for me to start building. :( :( RIP oliver

Back