• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resin Kit Question

iambrb

Hey doodz!
So I have this Resin kit I think I will start soon. It is an ancient Accurate Armour S-Tank. The upper & lower hull are big slabs of Resin, and my question is, what is best adhesive to hold them securely?

I have a product called JB Weld, and I think it will work, but just very curious to know if there is a better solution. Ideas appreciated, and thanks so much!

Attachments

• 55431B92-5EC2-4C50-BED5-6F805A998D48.jpeg
    55431B92-5EC2-4C50-BED5-6F805A998D48.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • FB2D51B5-58AF-4CA3-A229-B27014363B7E.jpeg
    FB2D51B5-58AF-4CA3-A229-B27014363B7E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Epoxy or CA work for resin. JB is an epoxy so should be good to go, just make sure that the adhesive you use is sandable once dry incase any squeezes out along joints. To fill any holes or gaps I use epoxy putty for larger ones, it can be smoothed with a wet finger and sanded once dry, and gel CA sprinkled with Microballoons to keep it sandable (IIRC, baking soda will work too) for small seams or air bubbles.

Cheers,
Rich

I like to use a thick cyanoacrylate so I have time to adjust parts, and then set the glue with accelerator. The bonds seem stronger to me with CA than with epoxy of any kind.

i use medium cyanoacrylate on the Aires rein kits, only trouble is you get no second chance :)

Get a Trumpeter 1/35 Strv 103C “S-tank”

And sell the Resin one ,but if you stick to the Accurate armour chunk i would use cyanoacrylate glue .:dude:

Back