• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PzIV radio , location & pics ?

Cheyenne

Does anyone have any Pz IV E radio pics and location - locations ?

I have one source that puts the radio above the fender next to the ammo , any locations below by the mg'er seat .

Yeah , let me dig up some info , it is in my big boring book of German Radios :unsure: . I will email some info when I find it ;)

Jenny :kiss:

PzIVRadioPosition.jpg

I hope this helps...

Regards,

Saul , thanks man , very much appreciated !!!

Any idea what series IV this is ?

I'm looking to add a radio to my IV E Dak build .

Jenny , thanks , the Aber instructions are especially sweet !!!
Now all I have to do is scratch a reasonable copy !!!

Thanks again guys !!!

This from a TM captured by the British. I believe it to be a short gunned model. I will keep looking for others from the TM to help me tell you which version or (sorry if I steered you wrong - sung to the tune of I didn't meant to turn you on...) you are looking at a Befehlspanzer.

Regards,

Ok , cool , this doesn't have to be a command tank I'm building .

It's just that , the way it will be presented , interior details will be seen but not highly visual .
I'm more concerned with the location [ over the tranny ] than the actual radio as I don't think very much of it will be seen .

But living the life of Murphy's law , if I don't do it at least half right , it'll bite me in the dupa later on !!!

Judging by the relation of the hatch opening to the front plate, the tank pictured is either an ausf. D or E.

HTH

John

Thanks John , that helps even more !!!

I started out thinking a rudimentary interior was going to fill the bill , .......... then placed the turret askew on the tank and though , ......... ok I'm seeing more interior than I thought , ..... ok I'll add this that and the other thing ,............ next thing you know its a build in itself !!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm going to my parents for dinner but hope to be back to watch the Packers [ hopefully ] crush the Cards .
I'll try and get some pics up tonight in Noels dessert campaign section to show what I've done so far , and why I'm doing the interior .

John is correct,

This is labeled as an Ausf. E in the Tank School Report. The turret is marked with black or red 800. It is not a radio tank (sorry, was too lazy to read the text in the report last night).

Regards,

Back