• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PT 596

iowabrit

few pics of my Italeri 1/35th scale PT boat. Sorry they are not very good but it's kinda difficult to get it all in the picture
Hull drilled for stand
P9056030.jpg

40mm
P2224727.jpg

rocket launchers
P2224730.jpg

torpedo mounts
P2224739.jpg

Initial painting
P9296161.jpg

Thats a DML 1/35th sherman
PA086260.jpg

Finished and mounted on a wood and brass stand
PB026473.jpg

PB026477.jpg

I used about 50% of the lion roar etched set

a lot of it was , in my view, unnesessary and in some cases even replaced perfectly good three dimensional plastic parts with unrealistic two dimensional ones. The details for the guns and torp mounts, the ammunition and the control panel dials were the best parts however they didn't supply sufficient ammo for a full load on the 40mm or 37mm and most disappointingly, no .50 cal ammo at all. If I do decide to built the Italian MAS I'll probably just scratchbuild and detail I want to add and not bther buying an etched set at all.

Very nicely done but too few pictures! You should take more close-up pictures of each part, like these:

m47-068.jpg

m47-070.jpg

m47-071.jpg

m47-076.jpg

You can add more pictures to this thread.

Back