• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Polly S paints

jknaus

Administrator
Anyone use these? I used them about 35 years ago. I just bought some for my swordfish and would like to know how they are?What is best for thinning them and cleaning up after. Thanks in advance.
James

I stopped using them. Sometimes tap water would thin it, sometimes not, sometimes Windex, sometimes solvent based..it was really a hit and miss what to use. I throw rocks at Polly S now. Sorry James, I'm no help.

moon puppy wrote:
I stopped using them. Sometimes tap water would thin it, sometimes not, sometimes Windex, sometimes solvent based..it was really a hit and miss what to use. I throw rocks at Polly S now. Sorry James, I'm no help.

Not sounding good. Between your answer and another thread I think I'm hosed. Well Swordfish is now back in box and a Sherman III is started.
James

Hello !
Can't really advise you on Polly S since I don't use them .If you decide to try them out do it on something you don't value first.
My other hint has to do with the Swordfish. I built one a couple years or so ago and as complicated a build as it is, you certainly don't want to have to guess about the quality of the paints.
Cheers, Christian

Been a few years since i used em. Liked em when I did. Seem to recall I was cheap and just used tap water. Never had any issues. Maybe I was just lucky.

Matt

Back