• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth

Photo Review: Eduard's 1/48th Scale P-51B/C Overtrees

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Sharkmouth submitted a new resource:

Photo Review: Eduard's 1/48th Scale P-51B/C Overtrees - No instructions, decals, PE, masks, or aftermarket

A nice thing about Eduard is that they release the sprues from their kits separately without instructions, decals, PE, masks, or other aftermarket. This is great when the decal options don't have what one wants or if the sheet from their profi-pack has a second option one wants. The box is plain and very nondescript. See URL links for the instructions in PDF format.

View attachment 173755

we begin with Sprue Tree F from the previous late Mustang releases. It covers weapons...

Read more about this resource...

Check me if I'm wrong but none of the B/C models had the "dorsal fin" so why make mention of it?

Check me if I'm wrong but none of the B/C models had the "dorsal fin" so why make mention of it?
It was a retrofit:
1726419081266.png

1726419296725.png

1726419225270.png

OK you know that's just leading to more questions, The fin was put in place to off set the side area that was lost by going with the bubble top. If my understanding is correct, then why did the B/Cs need more side area?

The fin was put in place to off set the side area that was lost by going with the bubble top.
It had to do with the power increases of the engine (Merlin and copies over the previous Allison). The extension was easy to retrofit without changing the production vertical fin (whose area could be increased as was done when the Cavalier mods came into being with another increased HP engine).

1726434890951.png

1726434911310.png

1726434923573.png
1726434942429.png

Back