• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sharkmouth

Photo Review: A look at Eduard's 1:48th Scale Spitfire Mk. Vc OverTrees

Now i am going to look like a bit of a plonker here but.................

what are overtrees ? My guess is they are excess sprues but if there is a set why are they not just another boxed kit ?

I think that's right Paddy, I believe it's a now thrills packing, no PE or mask or whatever else they put in their kits.

what are overtrees ?
OverTrees were created in response to modelers asking for simply the plastic sprue trees to create another scheme since most Eduard kits have a nice variety with quality decals. Since I had no interest in the Spitfire Mk Vb, I didn't get either of their combo sets which include one each of their Mk Vb & Mk Vc. Other times, I get them since they don't have schemes I want (with shark teeth) so I would end up buying aftermarket anyway.

Overtrees are just the basic plastic in the kit with no extra frills. I bought several sets of the 1/32 scale Bf-109 in Chattanooga to do conversions and other variants or markings. It was about $20 for an overtrees kit or $45 for one with decals, some PE and maybe a little resin.

Back