• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Persian Immortal

Just framing in the hat and face.

13.jpg

12.jpg

James

Is it my imagination or are all of James' figures big burly blokes? :drinks

Outstanding progress James.

Mucked up the hat. Will have to repaint it. Started blocking in some colours.

15.jpg

14.jpg

Might just do this in oil after all as the shading and blending with acrylics seems beyond me.
James

Mike I tried doing the wash of toned down paint and it came out looking streaky.
Dave, It looks like it doesnt it :laugh:
James

Okay not as much as I had hoped. Tomorrow I will put some oils on the leather to bring it more to life. Hard to stay in the lines even with optivisors.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Then have to do do shadows and highlites with the red. Maybe I can get the belts painted after that.
James

Thanks guys. I painted the leather in valejo saddle leather and the shadows with saddle leather and dark rubber. Now I have "dry brushed" Mars Orange on to make it warmer and meld the colours. My camera skills make this look like crap, but it looks good to the naked eye. Must finish hair soon because it looks horrid.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Comments critiques welcome.

Oh and belts this weekend. Have to go to work soon so no more for today.

PS I also have to paint the studs on the armour.

James

Nice job on the leather,James! (y) (y) (y)

He is ready to go for a ride on his motorcycle!...O,forgot this is one from another century. :D

Greetings,Ron.

Looking very good james! i really like the shades on the leather parts, I know the feeling, it sure sucks when you take pictures of your model, and there is all sorts of things that you haven't noticed with the naked eye! (had a big hair stuck to my russian guys helmet!)
//Mats

Thanks guys. Did a bit more during the night. I cant seem to get the hang of blending acrylics. Tried all of what I've read in my books and still it is escaping me. But here is a bit more. Painted shirt yellow and painted the studs on the quilted over shirt. Hope today to do the belts so it looks a bit more homogeneous. Really need to finish the red epaulets too.

21.jpg

20.jpg

Comments and tips most welcome.
James

The colors are really looking good, James. I love the contrast between them and the details are beginning to really pop! (y)

Back