• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pak 40 Beutewagon, translates to kicked my butt in German.

jknaus

Administrator
Well I'm not sure why I do it to myself, but started doing a captured cut down Morris C8 Quad drawing a Pak 40 anti tank gun. I started with the Miniart Pak 40 early despite having reservations on the barrel length and my refs saying it did not come equipped with a castor wheel. Personally I think they might have modelled a Pak 38 by mistake. Saul is checking on barrel length for me. Of course its pootched right out of the gate as a very tiny but very visible part escaped into the black hole of my floor. So I'll do the Dragon kit when it arrives shortly. In the mean time started the Beutewagon just released by Gecko models. OMG but tiny pieces galore. My sanity must be slipping. Anyways here is the subject. Some pics of th engine will follow shortly.
d45cb90e17c68da5b85658302f7ae095_209938.png

Here is the kit.
beutewagon.jpg

Just need to source some crew for it.
James

If you use a muzzle and breech cover, what not stick with whichever kit is worse? Those details make the model and the castor wheel isn't needed.

As for the length...
1709158150070.png

If you use a muzzle and breech cover, what not stick with whichever kit is worse? Those details make the model and the castor wheel isn't needed.

As for the length...
View attachment 166637
Yeah I pulled the Miniart kit out again as it is incredibly detailed. Its just a piece thats very tiny yet very visible launched. Will have to see if I can buy a new sprue. So Dragon to the rescue I hope. I just hope I dont lose any parts on the truck. OMG there are a lot of microscopic parts.
Thanks for the measurement Saul. Will check it against the barrel and see if it is too short or not. Thankfully I have an Aber barrel coming if it is.
James

WOW, totally forgot to post some pics of this nightmare.
20240228_122327.jpg
20240228_122335.jpg
20240229_162254.jpg
20240229_162307.jpg
20240229_162316.jpg
20240229_162327.jpg
20240229_162334.jpg

Added a tooth pic for size and I used Mr Surfacer on the gear case to simulate cast metal. It looks better to the naked eye than the close up does.
James

Well dont expect any more from this build. My old eyes and shaky hands just can not do it. I quit. Now to see how a "I Love Kit" DUWK turns out. Have some British markings coming for it. So far so good.
James

Damn James, you were off to such a good start. :(
It was a tough start but I kept on trying. But at one point you realize its no longer fun or a challenge but instead a torture. Reading from others who have finished they have said they would never do another one of these kits. There are some very talented people here who I am sure would have little issue with the kit, but for me nope!. Will be selling the quad as I dont need that kind of aggravation.

"But the truck is just microscopic parts and intricate construction where 4 pieces are made instead of 1. Its just not my thing any more."
I completely agree. I especially hate 4 pieces that have to perfectly lined up for the next step. There are a few manufactures that can pull this off. Meng and (of course) Tamiya.

Back