• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

On the ramp

paddy

someone the other day jokingly remarked that my recent build of the wildcat with all the panels off would be in the hanger with that much work going on.. :)

F-51Ds_77_Sqn_RAAF_at_Iwakuni_c1950.jpg

Australian 51D's in Japan on the ramp with all panels and even spinner off :)

Fortunately the ship was in dry dock even though you can see the sea in the background. The other aircraft had been flown off before it docked but this one had a a fault. The lift had also broken, I gather its fixed now as the whole thing went in the bin anyway.

Not at all John, i should have explained the hanger deck lift is nuclear powered and although the lift has two separate backup reactors someone hadn't put any cash in the meter so they had started their 6 month auto shut down procedure .

On US Navy aircraft carriers there are 2 coin slots and 2 keys to turn to raise the elevator. Woe to the crew chief without $1.00 in quarters in his coverall pockets before a launch.

:rimshot

Back