• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New From Kinetic

That'll be a big C17!
So my C17 story.
Back when I was running service calls I was way down in the lower part of the state around North, South Carolina (yeah it's a place) Nice summer day and I'm driving in a Scion XB. Some of y'all have seen me, so picture my fat ass in a Scion box car. Felt like I was driving in the windshield.
So anyway, driving along out in the country and all of the sudden the windshield is filled up with C17 tree top level flying dirty. Gear down and Flaps full.
Where the hell is he going? Clearly on a glidepath. I literally turned around and tried to see where he was going and then I noticed it. I had passed the gate of North Air Force Auxiliary Field. Come to find out the USAF uses this field for touch and goes and such.
Gotta tell ya, scared the hell out of me!
Anyway, that's it.
Thanks Barney

That'll be a big C17!
So my C17 story.
Back when I was running service calls I was way down in the lower part of the state around North, South Carolina (yeah it's a place) Nice summer day and I'm driving in a Scion XB. Some of y'all have seen me, so picture my fat ass in a Scion box car. Felt like I was driving in the windshield.
So anyway, driving along out in the country and all of the sudden the windshield is filled up with C17 tree top level flying dirty. Gear down and Flaps full.
Where the hell is he going? Clearly on a glidepath. I literally turned around and tried to see where he was going and then I noticed it. I had passed the gate of North Air Force Auxiliary Field. Come to find out the USAF uses this field for touch and goes and such.
Gotta tell ya, scared the hell out of me!
Anyway, that's it.
Thanks Barney
Many moons ago (1972) a pilot landed an FB-111A on the county airport in Plattsburgh. How he did that is a wonder, but getting it off was another story...

How would one get Plattsburgh AFB runway mixed up with the county airport? Had the wrong ILS dialed up maybe?

Well we jacked this thread. Barney wanted to talk about the F16. When I get my shop in order I want to do something more modern. The Viper has always been one I love.

His excuse was that it was foggy. The article I read was rather sparse on details of HOW he mistook and marker beacon for a county commercial airport and the beacon for an Air Force Base. The weather was bad, so he. should have been flying IFR... Shoot, even I can tell the difference between the ILS system for a local yokel strip and an Air Force Base.

Back