• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Naittaa-Havainto NH "Joutsen"; 1/48 HDL >>>DONE<<<

dewertus

For a long time no model provided me with so much of the real joys of modeling like this issued by HDL Naittaa-Havainto NH "Joutsen". This is a quite old model, but all parts was cleanly cast and it fits very well and so major assembly was smooth and practically no filler.

I replace a few missing parts by items made by self or using parts form "scrap-heap" box and add some extra stuff. Side walls in the cabin is the flaps from old Revell DC-3 (1/72) - their size perfectly fit into the fuselage. The pilot's seat it's "import" from 1/48 SH Il-10 and gunner/observer is from 1/48 Academy F4U. Stick and the lever in the cockpit I made from a paper clip, the chassis is a mix of: wheels comes from MirageHobby 1/48 PZL P-11, propeller comes from ARII K5Y Willow, landing gear I carved myself from the remaining struts of Smer Fiat CR.42 and a paper clip. Cladding glass also been transplanted from the remnants of other models.

This time painting is a mix of acrylic and enamel: Humbrol 65 (bottom), Humbrol 150+102+117 (greens) and Pactra A46 (black), yellow quick identification elements are RLM 04 release by Agama ie N20. Whole model was secured Agama varnish (flash under decals and wash the mat at the end). Soiling it's a MiG's Dark Wash and van Gogh oil Vandyke Brown. Filter is a mix of MiG's Dark and Neutral Wash'a, scratching is a Humbrol 56 applied to a dry brush. Decals come from Techmod set for FAF aircraft.

DSCF6431-001.JPG

DSCF6432-001.JPG

DSCF6434-001.JPG

DSCF6446-001.JPG

DSCF6444-001.JPG

DSCF6455-001.JPG

DSCF6439-001.JPG

DSCF6440-001.JPG

DSCF6438-001.JPG

DSCF6437-001.JPG

DSCF6448-001.JPG

DSCF6452-001.JPG

DSCF6436-001.JPG

P.S. Naittaa-Havainto NH "Joutsen" had never existed - this is my one little "historical fiction" - escape from of "holiness" and the "correctness" of model making and at the same time a source of real fun. Who recognizes which model was a base to build this one?

Nice Finnish "What if" :) i think i see something japanese under that finnish camo...or am i wrong?

//Mats

If this one is fictional...all I can say is;bring on the builds from your fiction factory!
Well done,Hubert! (y) :notworthy

Greetings,Ron.

Hubert,

Great looking build... love the way you used various bits and pieces to put this together!.

Barney

Back