• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My second sculpted figure - a GI holding a beer

Although production of this figure with the company I had originally sculpted it for did not work out, Jose from Custom Dioramics likes my work and offered to produce my figures. When the master was returned to me from the first company, the right arm was missing, so I had to create a new one. Here is what the pre-production test shot casting looks like. I will be painting this soon for the box art and I am sure shortly after that it will be released to the public.

277105188_4883843801712489_5642573103990641177_n.jpg
277166403_4883843941712475_596231339048946893_n.jpg

Wow, this makes me wish you sculpted these in 1/72 scale too! I have so many Vietnam-era vehicles to populate. I can fully understand why you don't though. Keep them coming and congrats on getting Jose to pick up the line.

Wow, this makes me wish you sculpted these in 1/72 scale too! I have so many Vietnam-era vehicles to populate. I can fully understand why you don't though. Keep them coming and congrats on getting Jose to pick up the line.
I wish I could sculpt in 1/72, but I am lucky to be able to do so in 1/35. There is definitely a need for some good Vietnam figures in 1/72 scale. If they were available, I would be able to make several multiple vehicle dioramas that would take up too much space if done in 1/35. Perhaps I may try to do a 1/72 figure one of these days and see how it turns out.

That would be awesome if you did try. Regardless of the results, I do appreciate the effort that you make. There are several figure sculptors on Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums doing 1/72 scale figures, but they always seem to concentrate on WWII figures. No one has taken my siggestion to do Vietnam or even Korean War figures, much less Desert Storm...

I am proud to be producing this figure as we speak. It should be ready for sale in time for IPMS Nationals in July. James does amazing work, I am privileged to be working with him in an area that's only covered well by Bravo 6. We need more "relaxed" Vietnam era figures, and James is the person to make it happen.

Thanks, guys. I am glad you are liking this figure. Now that Rhino mentioned it, he does look a bit like Jaimie Farr.

Now you need to make another one and add a dress! My vote is for the Cleopatra outfit. :bigrin:

Oh wait......wrong war! :silly:

I am proud to be producing this figure as we speak. It should be ready for sale in time for IPMS Nationals in July. James does amazing work, I am privileged to be working with him in an area that's only covered well by Bravo 6. We need more "relaxed" Vietnam era figures, and James is the person to make it happen.

I agree Frank is the best! Thank you for bringing his designs to all us modelers.

Thanks for helping me get some of my figures out there for others to use in their dioramas, Jose. I look forward to creating some cool, but sensible figures in the future.

Back