• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My 3D experiences good and bad.

Bagge

So a first post in this thread, been thinking of getting a printer now for a couple of years but there is always something coming in the way (read real life) but now finally we took the step and got this beauty!
20230201_183211[1].jpg

Have done some prints but still a lot to learn, here is my first test.

20230202_220917[1].jpg

The next was these pipe fitting i have drawn in Fusion 360, to use with Evergreen styrene tubes.

20230203_200422[1].jpg

Here you see them in the diorama i'm building.

20230204_204812[1].jpg

Let me know what you think and looking forward to see more here of what you all are busy with!

Hey Mats, long time no see, how's the family? Thanks for joining the conversation.

I'd say you're picking it up pretty quickly.

Hey Mats, long time no see, how's the family? Thanks for joining the conversation.

I'd say you're picking it up pretty quickly.
Hi Bob!
Everything is fine here, just busy 😀
Bram is 10 this year so time really flies!!
Im looking forward to learn more about printing here and who knows, maybe i can teach something too 🙄 😜

Have most of the supports figured out for these now, need to add som small ones but now the stayed in place and didn't fall off the supports.
Reworked them in the cad last night to so they fit snuggly together.

20230205_183116.jpg

These are for the 12,8mm tubes, still nedd to test the smaller ones.

Looking good. This 3d printer stuff is amazing and frustrating at the same time. What resin are you using and your exposure time? Also what slicer software?

Looking good. This 3d printer stuff is amazing and frustrating at the same time. What resin are you using and your exposure time? Also what slicer software?
Hi Mo, i use the8k standard resin from Elegoo, exposure is 35sec for the first layers the 2,5sec/layer.
I use the Chitubox software that came with the printer.

Tried to print a box for my sons pokemon cards but for some reason the build plate came loose, so just abort and bin it 😥
Will adjust the placing of the parts and try again this week.

Now there is a gasbottle i made in fusion360 thats baking, hope it will be fine...

Feels good, ended this day with a successful print of 2 gasbottles in 1/24!😀
Next is the regulator and ofcourse the welding machine, but i think i will do some good old scratchbuilding on that one too, mostly square boxes and then print details for it.

20230206_000344.jpg

Very cool stuff Mats. Did you design the fittings? If not where did you find the files? I have found a lot of cool stuff on Cults3d.com.
Actually I need to make a thread of all the places I go for files to share with everyone.
James

Very cool stuff Mats. Did you design the fittings? If not where did you find the files? I have found a lot of cool stuff on Cults3d.com.
Actually I need to make a thread of all the places I go for files to share with everyone.
James
The pipe fittings and gasbottles i have drawn in fusion 360

If you need something let me know, im still learning to draw and its not that difficult, youtube is your friend 😀
Thanks Mats I'll let you know. You tube is great but it hasnt helped me much. I'm currently trying to learn Free Cad which is pretty decent. Still having probs getting my head around it though.
James

Did this valve last night in cad and printed today, pleasant half hour print 😀
The ruler on the pics are in mm, and on some of the valves the small holes in the "on/off wheel" you can actually see light thrue!!😮
The others probably had resin in them that i didnt get out with the washing.
Looks great on the gasbottle, next projekt the regulator with meters 🍻

20230208_195609.jpg

20230208_195519.jpg

Back