• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Models from the crypt - old SCI-FI builds.

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
:dude
Another post from the crypt, this time some old scifi builds from as far back as the early 1990's!

Iron Mikes campaign 'from another world' had me thinking about these old projects so I thought a share wouldn't be a bad thing. :)
Apologies in advance for the old photos at low resolution...a lot of these were taken with my first digital camera ...all of 1.5 Mega pixels. :facepalm
The oldest - My Cylon Raider and Viper from the original movies/series from Monogram models - 1991
IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2959_28129.jpg

Halcyon Narcissus [about] 1/72 scale. 1993
This was all painted with acrylics with an airbrush base and a detailed finish with fine rigger brush and a pin wash.
Lsidefull.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

bottomdetail.jpg

The next one is from 1996 - Klingon Bird of Prey - i can't remember the company maybe Monogram?
This one was a mix of airbrushed acrylics with iol paint renedering and brush details.
IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

The only Gundam that I have ever built (2009). Probably because it didn't look so much like a Gundam. I had fun with this one adding oil paint renedering straight on to the clored plastic of the kit. This works well if you flat coat the plastic surface first. Added a base with some broken robot parts as well.

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_7194.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

Also attcked the parts with the Dremel for battle damage.

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7103.jpg
IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

IMG_7087-1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the stroll through the Crypt!

:dude
Another post from the crypt, this time some old scifi builds from as far back as the early 1990's!

The next one is from 1996 - Klingon Bird of Prey - i can't remember the company maybe Monogram?
This one was a mix of airbrushed acrylics with iol paint renedering and brush details.
IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the stroll through the Crypt!

I believe that is the old AMT kit. Polar lights (or Round 2) have the molds now and the kit has been modified so that it has landing gear. WooHoo!

That is a cool looking build Ian! I really like the base, much better than the stock kit base.

That Viper is especially neat. I remember sitting down in front of our 13” color TV (on cable, no less!) after evening homework to see Starbuck & Apollo fight the Cylons

I believe that is the old AMT kit. Polar lights (or Round 2) have the molds now and the kit has been modified so that it has landing gear. WooHoo!

That is a cool looking build Ian! I really like the base, much better than the stock kit base.

Thanks, appreciate the comment. You are correct now I remember after you reminded me - AMT for sure.
The base was just a piece of black perspex which I matched by painting the kit stand(in the middle) Tamiya gloss black. It worked out much better that way as from a practical angle the wider base was way more stable - basically nearly impossible to make it fall over short of kicking it :laugh: .

Ian.

That Viper is especially neat. I remember sitting down in front of our 13” color TV (on cable, no less!) after evening homework to see Starbuck & Apollo fight the Cylons

Thanks, I used to do the same thing.....it was on a Sunday night down here at 7.30pm. I loved it, but I watched a few episodes recently and it has really dated against the new stuff. Especially the Egyptian based flight helmet designs.

Ian.

Back