• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM 2017 F-15E Strike Eagle

Duke Maddog

Okay, here's my startup pics for this campaign. This is one of two projects I'm doing for this. That gives me a better chance to finish at least one of these and get my ribbon. I'm about a week late, but here they are anyway...

This is my Hobby Boss F-15E Strike Eagle in 1/72 scale for my US Air Force:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_I.jpg

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_II.jpg

This one I started as well and got a little further on...

I started, naturally; with the cockpit:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_III.jpg

Gotta paint and decal that next. Meanwhile, I assembled the whole rear fuselage of the plane, getting it ready for the forward part to be added later:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_IV.jpg

I might even get this to the paint stage in a few days. That would be nice.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

And you're further along than I am on my Space Wolf. :rotf

Looking forward to this. Which squadron you doing?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Helios, I'm just glad I got to get this started. Not sure which squadron is featured in the kit yet; I'll be using their decals. I do need another one of these since they also have markings for an Israeli bird.

Thanks Dave, I would have loved to see you do one.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Helios, I'm just glad I got to get this started. Not sure which squadron is featured in the kit yet; I'll be using their decals. I do need another one of these since they also have markings for an Israeli bird.

Thanks Dave, I would have loved to see you do one.
I got a great set with Bold Tigers decals for my one (Damn Saul has really made me love sharkmouths)

LN puts it at RAF Lakenheath. Which means it should be either the 492d or 494th FS (493d FS is a C/D squadron), which is part of the 48th FW. Which I find amusing as I'm hoping to be starting an F-4D from the 48th FW (circa 1975) around the end of the month after I get the Space Wolf & Minicat knocked out.

LN puts it at RAF Lakenheath. Which means it should be either the 492d or 494th FS (493d FS is a C/D squadron), which is part of the 48th FW. Which I find amusing as I'm hoping to be starting an F-4D from the 48th FW (circa 1975) around the end of the month after I get the Space Wolf & Minicat knocked out.

Looks like you pegged it. The instructions state that the markings are for a bird in the 48th FW out of Lakenheath; but no squadron mentioned that I remember. This will be great, both of us finishing aircraft from that unit. I'll be watching for your Phantom.

Thanks Razor!

Okay, I managed to get some things done this past week so here's my latest update.

I installed the completed cockpit inside the forward fuselage first:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_V.jpg

Then I closed it up with some weight in the nose, just in case:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_VII.jpg

I also puttied and smooth out some seams that I had seemingly all over this model:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_VI.jpg

Just for fun, I put the two sub-assemblies together to see how this bird was coming along. Here they are dry-fit together:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_VIII.jpg

Later on, I cemented the whole thing together and added the canopy after I dipped it in Future. This bird, once the canopy is masked; is ready for paint:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_IX.jpg

That's all I have for now on this. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Okay, I managed to get some things done this past week so here's my latest update.

I installed the completed cockpit inside the forward fuselage first:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_V.jpg

Then I closed it up with some weight in the nose, just in case:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_VII.jpg

I also puttied and smooth out some seams that I had seemingly all over this model:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_VI.jpg

Just for fun, I put the two sub-assemblies together to see how this bird was coming along. Here they are dry-fit together:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_VIII.jpg

Later on, I cemented the whole thing together and added the canopy after I dipped it in Future. This bird, once the canopy is masked; is ready for paint:

WIP_MMM2017_Eagle_IX.jpg

That's all I have for now on this. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
Lovely

Well, once again I have failed to complete a Micro Modeling Month campaign. I haven't even gotten this one base-coated so it will not be close to being finished on time. For someone who builds small scale so rapidly, I really suck at this.

Feel free to delete this after the campaign closes, everyone can follow along with this build on my Maddog Manufacturing Thread.

Thanks.

Nifty Mudhen! :good: :pilot It's too bad Hobbyboss doesn't give you the proper markings for USAF in their kit. :pp :idonno

Thanks guys! I'll keep at it; I'll just keep posting the progress under my Maddog Manufacturing Thread.

Nifty Mudhen! :good: :pilot It's too bad Hobbyboss doesn't give you the proper markings for USAF in their kit. :pp :idonno

Yeah, and they don't give any ordinance or underwing racks either.

What part of the decals are wrong? I didn't research it so I'll need to know so I can possibly replace them with something from the spares if possible.

Back